Present jam- Angels by CHANCE THE RAPPER and SABA
So the weekend is close and I’m guessing most people wash their hair during the weekend especially natural haired girls like myself that need a good 30-45 minutes to wash our hair minus deep conditioning (the sectioning and all, you know…), so I thought I’d do a review on the DUDU OSUN soap (meaning Black Camwood) and my hair, the pros and cons. Having talked about my go-to tools and leave-in conditioner (shea butter) here I thought I’d tell y’all one of the things I use to wash my here. The DUDU OSUN soap is big, lathers well and relatively cheap, I got it for #200 (it used to be cheaper than that, sigh).
The ingredients are honey, shea butter, camwood, parmkernel oil, cocoa pod ash, palm bunch ash, Aloe vera, lime juice, water and fragrance. It doesn’t have a beautiful fragrance, but for some reasons I like what it smells like.
- It is big and latters a lot so it lasts me for a long time.
- Some of its ingredients are very good for the hair at least I know Aloe vera, honey and Shea butter are great for my hair type (tightly packed kinks)
- It washes my hair amazingly well, my hair feels super clean after I use it… squeaky clean! And my scalp too, if you have product build up in your hair, this soap will take care of that well!!
- It dries out my hair, I’m guessing because of the lime juice in it.
- It really hurts when it enters your eyes, really bad!
- It dissolves very fast.
Overcoming the cons of this soap is easy, to solve hair dryness I deep condition after use and moisturize regularly and I try to prevent it from entering my eyes… try. Also, I keep the soap in a dry place, no wasting here guys!
I will normally use the soap every other hair washes making sure I deep condition after use, I really like the soap because it is budget friendly, lathers well, and leave my hair clean and squeaky *inserts grinning emoji here*
However, using the DUDU OSUN soap as a bathing soap is a totally different story that I will be talking about someday soon.
Do you use the DUDU OSUN soap for your body or hair? What are your experiences with the soap? What do you use to wash your hair and how well does it work for you?